A member asked:

Sudden onset of pain in knee joints and shoulder. what is best method to treat and do i need to see a doctor or physio? am otherwise very active.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Joint pain: If your pains don't resolve, consult a rheumatologist. If you have recently had a tic bite, go to an infectious disease doctor. Antibiotics like levoquin can also give you joint pain.

Answered 7/1/2013


Dr. Jose Barreto answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Doctor: Sudden onset of pain in multiple joints raise the flag an inflammatory, metabolic or autoimmune conditions. You need a doctor's evaluation to rule out any of these possibilities.

Answered 2/12/2019



Related Questions