My son has seasonal allergy started this year. he has sneezing, itchy and watery eyes. i tried zyretec and zadiator but nothing helping for watery eye?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Alan Mindlin answered

Specializes in

Allergic conjunctivi: Use cold applications for 10-29 seconds to the eyelids. This will take the heat feeling away. I start people on over the counter allergy drops first. These used to be the first line. I am not impressed with zaditor (ketotifen).

Answered 12/27/2017

5.1k views

Dr. David Chandler answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

See allergist, eyemd: Your son will need an evaluation by an eye doctor as well as possibly an allergist. The eye exam will confirm the severity and nature of the allergy, look for other factors that may be worsening the condition for the eyes, and to rule out problems that simulate allergy. Zaditor (ketotifen) and zyrtec are two of the best otc meds for allergy. Once allergy is confirmed, the allergist can do further testing.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.1k views