U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Ramon, CA
A 37-year-old male asked about a male:

My son has seasonal allergy started this year. he has sneezing, itchy and watery eyes. i tried zyretec and zadiator but nothing helping for watery eye?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Mindlin
51 years experience
Allergic conjunctivi: Use cold applications for 10-29 seconds to the eyelids. This will take the heat feeling away. I start people on over the counter allergy drops first. These used to be the first line. I am not impressed with zaditor (ketotifen).
Dr. David Chandler
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
See allergist, eyemd: Your son will need an evaluation by an eye doctor as well as possibly an allergist. The eye exam will confirm the severity and nature of the allergy, look for other factors that may be worsening the condition for the eyes, and to rule out problems that simulate allergy. Zaditor (ketotifen) and zyrtec are two of the best otc meds for allergy. Once allergy is confirmed, the allergist can do further testing.
Last updated Dec 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.