San Ramon, CA
A 37-year-old male asked about a male:

My son has seasonal allergy started this year. he has sneezing, itchy and watery eyes. i tried zyretec and zadiator but nothing helping for watery eye?

Dr. Alan Mindlin
51 years experience
Allergic conjunctivi: Use cold applications for 10-29 seconds to the eyelids. This will take the heat feeling away. I start people on over the counter allergy drops first. These used to be the first line. I am not impressed with zaditor (ketotifen).
Dr. David Chandler
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
See allergist, eyemd: Your son will need an evaluation by an eye doctor as well as possibly an allergist. The eye exam will confirm the severity and nature of the allergy, look for other factors that may be worsening the condition for the eyes, and to rule out problems that simulate allergy. Zaditor (ketotifen) and zyrtec are two of the best otc meds for allergy. Once allergy is confirmed, the allergist can do further testing.
Last updated Dec 27, 2017