I had mirena (levonorgestrel) iud for 2 1/2 yrs i been off it for about a yr. now haven't been able to concieve again what cud b wrong? can i still have babies?

Dr. Wendy Askew
25 years experience
Secondary infertilit: This is called secondary infertility. Although it seems like the iud is the cause of not being able to conceive; it is impossible to say that. Many women experience infertility conceiving after not having trouble with their first conception, but no research has shown birth control to cause infertility once it is stopped (the shots can cause prolonged suppression of ovulation). You need eval/tx.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.