i have this chronic itching on my neck its mostly under my ears and along my jaw line. there is no rash so my doctor didn't do anything what is it ?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Itching: I assume you are not wearing jewelry regularly or applying perfume to that area? If so discontinue and see what happens. On the other hand, if the itching happens after eating, and you develop swelling in the area, you may want to have them check your parotids and have a blood test for salivary amylase levels. You may have chronic parotitis.

Last updated May 8, 2013