could scar tissue from my appendectomy make it more difficult to have a c-section?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Rarely: If you had a ruptured appendix that can sometimes cause more scar tissue.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Only if complicated : Rarely will the appendectomy scar cause a problem with a c-section scar when the former is a mcburney type incision (#3 in picture and the most common) and the lattter is a pfannenstiel incision (#9 in picutre and most common). In rare instances of rupture and abscess and wound dehiscence interference could be possible but unlikely.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Plastic Surgery 56 years experience
No: There should not be a problem if you had a "usual" incision.
Dr. Brian Enggano
It's possible: Any previous surgery can complicate your future surgery. After surgery, adhesions form within days of surgery on the inside of your body. During your next surgery or c-section, the surgeon may encounter these adhesions and depending on how extensive they are, the surgery could become complicated and longer. This is usually due to distorted anatomy and scar tissue.