my thyroid levels were checked just recent and my tsh was 2.08 and my t4 was 14. could this be causing the anxiety feeling? what is protocol?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
TBG: Total T4 isn't a very useful test. Any female taking birth control pills, for example, could have an elevated T4 because thyroid binding globulin might increase. A free T4 would be much more helpful. With a normal tsh, it isn't likely that you're hyperthyroid. Elevations in thyroid hormone levels should suppress TSH in people with primary hyperthyroidism.
Answered on Jan 15, 2015
1