I wake up every morning with a headache on the right side of my head. what causes this?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

A lot of things.: The are several conditions, that give headaches. However, if it always happen on the same side, may be realted to position of the head. Do you sleep on the same side? If so, the list is somewhat smaller. What part of the head hurts? If mostly in the front, it would be worthwhile checking for sinus infection. If it is mostly in the back - more likely to be pinched nerve, causing muscle spasm.

Answered 9/25/2017

6.1k views

Headache: Your headaches are coming from tension, dehydration, lack of sleep/poor sleep, teeth grinding, skipping meals, stress, sleep apnea/snoring, or chronic sinus problems.

Answered 6/27/2017

6k views

Dr. Felix Brizuela answered

Specializes in Neurology

Migraine/muscle tens: frequent, short lived non progressive head pain is usually a migraine phenomenom, but such headaches can also occur due to neck problems or muscle spasms in the muscles of the scalp on the corresponding side. Brain tumors (masses) are unlikely if not constant, but should always be ruled out when the pain is on the same side constantly. If havent had MRI or CT, you should.

Answered 11/3/2018

3.5k views