U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

I have skin problem. but, this problem only occur when i consume eggs in my diet.. why is that so? is this normal or allergic.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Linda Green
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 45 years experience
Food allergy: If you get a rash after eating eggs, particularly hives (welts) or eczema, it is possibly an allergic reaction to eggs. The treatment of food allergies is the avoidance of the foods which cause the problem. Seeing an allergist can help.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 24, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.