Leominster, MA

How many days should i wait to hear results from my breast mri with contrast? 4/26/13, results faxed 4/29&4/30.

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 24 years experience
Varies: In general, the physician who sent you for the test will get the results in 24-72 hours. You can request the report from the radiology facility. I recommend you contact the physician who sent you for the test to get the results.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Tina Stein
Radiology 48 years experience
Don't wait!: Be a squeaky wheel. The next day, call your doctor or ask to speak to the radiologist. In my practice the studies are usually read the same day and then the referring physician can access the report immediately . This may not be true for the radiology group which has performed your study, but you can probably move your study to the top of the queue just by asking.
Last updated Oct 19, 2018