U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. i've dealt with the pain since iwas 14 now i'm 29 andit'sunbearable... how can i relieve the pain?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Trust the orthopod : Surgery is probably the best treatment option for chronic unbearable shoulder pain with history of a torn cuff persisting from adolescence into adulthood. Conservative therapy at this stage will more likely be futile as it would only treat the symptoms. Surgery can treat the cause. Most people are afraid of surgery until they are fixed.
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine 18 years experience
See shoulder MD: You need to have the rotator cuff tear evaluated with a mri. The degree of injury will dictate treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.