U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 35-year-old female asked:

Torn rotator cuff injury from mar13. physio says i now have ac joint issue & shoulder sits lower. i have pain , should i see surgeon, how to treat?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Rotator cuff injury: Don't know mechanism of injury or how it was diagnosed.If you do in fact have a rotator cuff tear(by history, p.E., and confirmed by mri)than i would see ors well-trained in arthroscopic rot. Cuff repair.Ac joint and scapulothoracic issues can be tx.@same time or postoperatively.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.