My 7 month baby has cough from last 2 months.doctor advise me not to feed him with bottle coz bottle its the reason behind cough.is this true fact?

11 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Seema Patel answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

Persistent cough: Persistent cough in a 7 month old could be due to allergies, undiagnosed asthma, reflux or even possible food intolerances. I would get a second opinion.

Answered 10/3/2016

6.1k views

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

I doubt it!: Unless he is chocking on the bottle it is unlikely from bottle feeding. Chronic cough indicates may be allergy, asthma, reflux, whooping cough or some other ondition, have him evaluated thoroughly.

Answered 1/15/2015

6.1k views

Dr. Mark Patterson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Possibly: Cough is the body's effort to clear material out of the airway. If the formula is coming out of the bottle too fast, some of it may be trying to go down the baby's airway, resulting in a cough to keep it out. Drinking from a cup may slow down the flow of formula, allowing the baby to swallow it better.

Answered 2/26/2017

6.1k views

Dr. Robert Schwartz answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

No: Reasons for cough are many: i.e. Milk backing up into the esophagus and wind pipe (reflux), improper feeding technique, lung abnormalities (needs an x-ray), and rare stuff such as foreign bodies. I once saw a zipper in a bronchial tube of a 2 month old! recurrent respiratory infections and cystic fibrosis should also be considered.

Answered 1/16/2014

6.1k views