United Arab Emirates

my two and half month baby has muscus in his chest and cough.doc prescribe me mucum syrup. is it good for young babies?m giving him

Dr. Tanya Russo
Not in the US: In the United States, cough and cold preparations are not approved and generally not used in children under the age of 2 years.
Dr. Que Chu
Dr. Que Chu answered
General Practice 46 years experience
No OTC medication: For common colds The AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) does not recommend cough and colds medicine for children younger than 4 years of age. FDA even go further. No cough and cold medicine for children younger 6 years of age. Also no antibiotics too. Expect course of common colds in infant can last up to 14 days. Treatment: supportive care with warm fluid, nasal irrigation, suction, cool mist

Last updated Nov 3, 2020