Pakistan

I have social anxiety but tomorrow i have to speak in front of a large audience. what should i do? any tips please?

Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Speak: Deep breath if it helps you, pray if you want, speak with confidence, and see your psychiatrist and tell your experience after. Follow your dr advice. Sometimes people "forget" their difficulties and just do it naturally, as if the problem did not exist. I would not be surprised if this is one of those cases. Let me know, in any case, if you want. Go for it, i would say; just do it.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Move Up Fear Ladder!: Imagine different groups of people/audiences - people u think likely 2 judge ur performance (a) very critically; (b) somewhat critically; (c) neutrally; (d) somewhat uncritically; and (e) very uncritically. Practice speakeach type of audience (one or more people), working your way up from the least to the most critical. Once you feel comfortable with one person/group, graduate 2 next level.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Provided original answer
I'm going to assume that tomorrow you'll feel anxious, get sweaty, etc. If you can imagine the situation and how you'll feel in some detail, try repeating to yourself "I can handle this" as you do so. >> After tomorrow, consider looking for some help learning how you can handle and even overcome this social anxiety. You might look back years from now and consider getting help with this one of the best things you ever did for yourself!
Apr 30, 2013

Last updated Feb 27, 2017