U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old male asked about a 49-year-old female:

How to treat fatty pancrease (pancrelipase)?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Benjamin Kim
General Surgery 44 years experience
Depends on cause: If found incidentally it may not require intervention. If because of cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, obesity, cushing's etc therapy should be directed at the underlying cause. Talk to your doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Usually no need: Dr. Kim is correct. As an autopsy pathologist, i see this frequently and unless there is obvious disease already, it's a normal variant. Different people deposit fat in different places (look around you!) and many people store some in their pancreas.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 30-year-old member asked:
Is pancrelipase a good substitute for pancrease enzymes?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dear sir/madam, may I know Noni fruit does helpful for pancrease recover ? thank you?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me about surgery on their pancrease (pancrelipase)?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 51-year-old female asked:
Is there no cure for pancrease (pancrelipase) divisium with pain?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Nov 21, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.