U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

Is there no cure for pancrease (pancrelipase) divisium with pain?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeff Durgin
Surgery 22 years experience
Pancreatic divisum: Patients with pancreatic division are often worked up with mrcp and/or ercp. Patients may undergo endoscopic or surgical therapy, in the form of sphincterotomy or sphincteroplasty. In a systematic review, liao found that the pooled response rate to surgical intervention for acute recurrent pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, and chronic abdominal pain was 83.2%, 66.7%, and 51.6%, respectively; the overall response rate to surgery was 74.9%.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 51-year-old male asked about a 49-year-old female:
How to treat fatty pancrease (pancrelipase)?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Is pancrelipase a good substitute for pancrease enzymes?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dear sir/madam, may I know Noni fruit does helpful for pancrease recover ? thank you?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
Can you tell me about surgery on their pancrease (pancrelipase)?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 23, 2019

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.