Australia

I fell on side of my knee 5 months ago.instant swelling, couldn't walk. burning sensation. mri and xray didn't show anything, have had 4 months physio?

Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology 34 years experience
Peroneal nerve?: The common peroneal nerve is susceptible to injury at the level of the knee as it circles the fibula. Findings can be subtle or absent on MRI (especially early) and xray won't see it. Ask your doctor if your symptoms and signs suggest peroneal nerve injury. Ultrasound can be used to see if the nerve is swollen by comparing the symptomatic side with the opposite side.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014