i stopped bc to conceive a month ago. 2 weeks now i have been having pain in ovaries. how long is this suppose to last?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Kevin Daus
36 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: Give your hormones a chance to recover. I tell my patients to wait 2 good cycles to then start trying to get pregnant. Also you are more likely to have twins if you do not wait. The pain will go away and if it stays or gets worse, go see your gyn.
Answered on Feb 2, 2012
1
Dr. Miriam Sivkin
35 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
I advise my patients to wait one cycle prior to attempting pregnancy. I would advise this patient that the pain will probably resolve soon and if worsens or continues to see their gynecologist
Feb 2, 2012
Dr. Timothy Gorski
38 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
You May Be Ovulating: You may be feeling your ovaries "doing their thing" which is to make cysts that rupture and release an egg, otherwise known as ovulation. Bc pills are rapidly eliminated from your system once you stop taking them and you will then be susceptible to such cycle-related symptoms. If you're trying to get pregnant, get on some folic acid. If not, you might want to resume the bc pills.
Answered on Jul 4, 2014
5