is it possible to have a vaginal birth with a hernia?

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Depends on: Location and size of hernia. If it is an inguinal hernia and not exceptionally large, vaginal birth should not be a problem.

When is a normal time to start having sex again after giving birth?

Dr. Richard Godt
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
6 weeks: For many years obs have always said 6 weeks. I would imagine most patients do not wait that long. With an episiotomy, we feel 6 weeks are needed for complete healing. Without an episiotomy there is no need to wait 6 weeks. The uterus takes about 6 weeks to return to normal size but this should not be a factor. With a cesarean certainly 6 weeks makes sense. In short, i would suggest 6 weeks.

How soon after giving birth can one get a tubal ligation?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Not until after the : 6 week check up to make sure evertything is normal I do in office tubal steri. Starting at 8 weeks post partum, in my office by the adiana or essure method, it is easy takes 5 minutes, no cutting and I have a contract with almost all the insurnaces to do it in my office and often times just a small offcie co-pay for the pt like $30, if you doc doesn't do these u may want to find one who can.

Im having more then normal discharge from my vagina no color but a fishy discharge smell

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Get checked: This could represent a vaginal infection. You need to get checked out and get it treated as necessary.

Can anybody tell me how well the rhythm method works as a birth control?

Dr. Timothy Brown
Not very reliable: Using the rhythm method effectively depends upon absolutely regular and predictable cycles (not common) and considerable self-discipline. Since your sexual desire or libido increases when you are most fertile and this is exactly the time you have to avoid with the rhythm method, it tends not to work out well.

Umbilical hernia and pregnancy--can I put duct tape over it?

Dr. Christopher Watson
General Surgery 24 years experience
Yes: But it will not help it go away. Only surgery can treat an umbilical hernia. As long as it is not incarcerated, repair can wait until after delivery.