What could i do to make 'plastic surgery, ' a safer procedure, for me; when the time comes?

Dr. Sabha Ganai
Surgical Oncology 22 years experience
Don't Smoke: Most of the time reconstructive surgeons will not perform certain procedures if the patient is still a smoker. Smoking affects blood vessels and impairs wound healing. Otherwise, love yourself for who you are and keep healthy. You may or may not desire plastic surgery, "when the time comes".
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Talk to your doctor: Talk to your plastic surgeon, he will give you a list of medications to avoid. You should be near your ideal weight and not smoke for best results.
Dr. Robert Carpenter
Board Certification: Make sure your surgeon has the training and experience to perform your surgery safely. Certification from a board recognized by the american board of medical specialties ensures that your surgeon has fulfilled rigorous schooling, training and competency requirements. The major specialties that train their diplomats in cosmetic procedures are: plastic surgery, dermatology, ENT and opthalmology.
Dr. Mark Burke
Dr. Mark Burke commented
Surgery - Plastics 21 years experience
If you smoke cigarettes, quit. If you happen to be overweight, losing weight may increase the odds of a safe and satisfactory outcome. In addition to finding the right surgeon to assist you, these are two important factors that you can control directly.
Dec 8, 2013