25 male, had a dream that i was having a heart attack and i could literally feel the chest pain. it woke me up anxious but chest pain gone, bp normal, 56 bpm. last month's ecg and chest xray normal. did i just have a heart attack in my sleep/dream?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Karna Gendo answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

It is unlikely that you had a heart attack in your sleep/dream. If you have a family history of heart conditions, smoke, recovered from Covid, have high cholesterol or blood pressure , or still have concerns - connect with your doctor, who can review your history and prior tests, perform an exam and possibly further tests such as an exercise test or imaging of your heart. Hope this improves soon.

Answered 9/16/2023

0 views

Dr. Jerry Smith answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

It is quite possible you experienced an acute anxiety episode triggered while sleeping. This is not that unusual and can convince a person they are having a heart attack. I recommend checking in with a mental health expert or primary care provider to assess for other possible symptoms of anxiety or related concerns.

Answered 9/16/2023

0 views