A member asked:

I'm a 29 year old male, i have an enlarged prostate and i've had a uti for almost 2 months. urine culture said: [greater than]100,000 cfu per ml of enterobacter aerogenes is this bad ?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Clearly you have a UTI caused by E. aerogenes, and perhaps bacterial prostatitis as well. If you're not in the care of a urologist, you should see one now. If you are, follow his or her advice. E. aerogenes is no more serious or dangerous than many other bacteria, but you definitely need antibiotic treatment, perhaps for as long as 6 weeks or more. Good luck.

Answered 7/2/2023



Related Questions