U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old male asked:

The skin on my nose got ripped off, around eye level. it bled badly. now there is new skin forming, but the spot is visibly a different color than the rest of the skin on my nose. is there anything i can do to encourage healing, will it get better?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in Head and Neck Surgery
See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon asap. Avoid sun exposure
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 25, 2023


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.