Today i had my scaling and root planning. the hygienist also gave me local delivery antimicrobials ag-th b/r on six teethes. they advised to rinse mouth with periogard, but i can't buy that for another week. is it okay?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

The mouth has many bacteria, therefore any measure is just for protective purpose. Start with salt solution ( 1/2 teaspoon in 8 fl oz of water) and use as oral rinse while wait 1 week should be fine. Other oral rinsing solution may also be helpful. Many way to promote oral hygiene.

Answered 1/12/2023

0 views

During this time you should follow good oral hygiene advice. You can rinse with hydrogen peroxide and water, half and half in a glass or cup, at least twice a day. Buy a water PIK at CVS, brush and floss, a healthy , diet and when brush, start on gums first, than your teeth. You can also mix in some baking soda on brush, this lowers the acid content of your oral fluids.

Answered 1/12/2023

0 views

Dr. Dinh Bui answered

You will be ok with oral hygiene. Just brush with salt if you are worry.

Answered 1/26/2023

0 views