i have a lump on the side of my left hand, just where your thumb starts on my left hand. it's been there for over 2 months, and causes severe pain?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Cyst most likely: You are describing something that is similar to a "ganglion cyst". This is an out pouching of the lining of the joint of your wrist. These occur frequently. Often they go away on their own. Often they have no symptoms, but can have pain and discomfort. Usually observed but can be injected with a steroid and if complicated, they are surgically removed. Questions? See your pcp or hand surgeon.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1