United Kingdom

i have a small lump on my left hand in between my thumb and first finger near my wrist it has a blue/black colour to it. what is it please?

Dr. Steven Brown
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
Ganglion?: Most likely a ganglion cyst arising from the wrist joint or a tendon sheath. Could also be a thrombosed vein based on your description you should seek out an examination
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
Hand Lumps and Bumps: are of many varieties but teh most common is a ganglion which is a benign not harmful fluid filled sac. Blusih color may indicate vascualrity, either there are veins over this or there could be a thrombosed vein or a varicosity. Sometime though skin lesions and skin cancers can look bluish as can some infactions or growths. If it is painful or changing please get evaluated
Dr. Todd Siff
Hand Surgery 27 years experience
Vascular: Usually, this coloration suggests a vascular mass. If it is painful, see a hand doctor. If you have had this for a long time and it is not painful, I would not be too concerned. A ganglion is a benign mass which does not have a color to it. If the mass is on the skin and not deep, see a dermatologist.