Allergy test i took to nuts, fish, milk, soy, was negative. This means, there is no reason for the tongue to swell, and kill me? I have health anxiety

Dr. Brian Affleck
29 years experience in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Allergy tests: The tests you had done were food allergens. Although it is encouraging that they are negative, there are other things you could be allergic to, such as aeroallergens: pollens, grasses, trees, weeds and even animals. Any kind of a reaction to allergen could cause tongue swelling. There are other causes of tongue swelling, but allergies & trauma are most common. Not common to kill, though.
Answered on Apr 29, 2018
1