U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 54-year-old female asked:

I have severe food allergies..nuts..fruits..dairy..wheat..soy..corn..milk..basically..everything i was tested for..how can i eat healthy?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Not ...: Simply because you have tests showing potential allergy to a food does not mean that you will necessarily react to it. You need to see a board-certified allergist to help you sort this out. B y the way, be sure that the tests done were not igg antibodies which merely mean that you have been exposed (not allergic) to that food.
Dr. Thomas Mchugh
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Food allergies: This truly is a question that should only be answered by your allergist and nutritionist. You could put your life in danger by not having a strict diet. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's right. Stay healthy!
Last updated Sep 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.