Winnsboro, South Carolina

I had hysterectomy on april 3but still having some bleeding like a cycle. is that normal i gotten two different medicine to stop it and still bleeding?

Dr. Kevin O'neil
Urogynecology 29 years experience
Possibly: It is normal to have some light bleeding, i.e. A panty liner takes care of it. This can last for several weeks. Usually the bleeding will change to a pinkish/watery discharge as the tissue heals and the sutures dissolve. If your bleeding is heavier than this or if you are having a pain, fever, or foul smelling discharge; i would recommend seeing your doctor to get this looked at.
Dr. Michael Flax
Probably normal: I would expect off and on bleeding after a hysterectomy for up to 6 weeks post op. If the bleeding is heavy, it may be a draining hematoma, which will eventually resolve. It's best that it keeps draining. However, you should see your dr. And let him/her decide what is causing the problem.