My ferritin levels are 38.5 ng/ml and the lab that did the test has a range of 20-400 ng/ml. i know it falls within the normal range but its very close to being low and i have several symptoms of anemia. would this be considered low normal?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

Why was the ferritin checked and was that done by a medical personnel is what I wonder, because nobody in the medical profession would use ferritin by itself in evaluation of anybody for anemia. You should discuss with the person that ordered the tests for you because if your hemoglobin is normal there should not be any reason for concern. What is in the blood may not be all that is in the body.

Answered Aug 31, 2022

0 views