My blood t4 is higher than normal, so i was wondering if twitching/muscle fasciculations is a symptom of hyperthyroidism? i've been twitching in my legs, thighs, arms, and face. i've also been having a tingling feeling in my foot sometimes?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
Unless your TSH is low than normal, a higher T4 than normal does not mean you have hyperthyroidism. Those symptoms are not common in hyperthyroidism.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if your TSH is in the normal range you are unlikely to have hyperthyroidism. Wish you good health!
Last updated Aug 21, 2022