I dont know if thats a wisdom tooth or an infection its at the back of my mouth and my gum is swollen and a bit white but no signs of a tooth?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Trager answered

Specializes in Dentistry

This symptom is called PERICORONITIS, which is common around unerupted lower third molars. You can rinse with warm water and salt rinses, take pain relievers, but best see a dentist for treatment and removal of the swollen tissue so tooth can erupt. If tooth impacted, than it should be removed. Get an x-ray to see the disposition of the wisdom tooth.

Answered 7/26/2022

0 views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

It may be a wisdom tooth trying to erupt .Normal but uncomfortable. But it may be one of scores of other intra-oral problems. You need to be examined and x-rayed to be diagnosed. Only with accurate diagnoses can the appropriate treatment be recommended. Considering your age and description, I would recommend that you see a wisdom tooth expert, a specialist Oral Surgeon.

Answered 7/27/2022

0 views