Australia

i just had a sudden burst of floaters in my right eye then i saw bright white dots floating around the central vision, is this a one off or serious?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Requires evaluation.: Symptoms like this are not common and are associated with retinal detachment. Untreated retinal detachment can lead to blindness. It is best to have this checked as soon as possible.
Dr. Keshav Narain
Retinal Surgery 29 years experience
Could be serious.: Consider it to be serious until you have an eye exam to insure that there is no sign of a retinal detachment. It could be due to separation of the vitreous from the retina. While this is happening, it is good to be very cautious and limit activity and straining. Sometimes detachments and tears occur after the initial symptoms so it is best to be followed by an eye specialist.