Gallup, NM

Can a councilor make me go to the hospital if they think i am suicidal?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
If you are Suicidal: If you feel this poorly then i appreciate that you feel safe enough to ask this question here. We do not ask for the feelings that come with depression. As the pain and despair shrink our world down to the simple matter of when we will die it can be very difficult to see any way out. But, here you are. You are asking for help. I would tell your counselor how bad you feel or even call 911 now.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Generally yes.: Specific policy aries by state. Bur generally if you are thought to be a substantial danger to yourself or others most states allow police, medical practitioners and licensed health professionals to order an involuntary hold for up to 72 hours during which evaluation can take place.

Last updated Apr 22, 2013