My 9 year old daughter recently had blackheads on the bridge of her nose they now seem to be on her chin under her bottom lip why ? & what should i do

Dr. Kelly Kane
Puberty: Onset at this age is androgenic. In other words it starts with some of the male hormone creating extra sweat(stinky underarms) and oils. The oil is where the blackheads are coming from. I like a benzoyl peroxide wash in the shower to start with to reduce the oil build up. This oil deposit is not because she is dirty, but only because she is making more oil. Call your doctor if the acne iworsening.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 24, 2016