U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Shelby charter Township, MI
A 82-year-old female asked:

Besides decompression, vertiflex, spinal cord stimulator from pain doctor, is there anything else i can look into for stenosis in my back so to avoid surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
Spinal stenosis at your age is a chronic process which has gotten worse over the years and nothing you can do to reverse the process. However, besides the noted therapeutic options you mentioned, physical therapy may be helpful and you should give it a try because you do not want surgery or procedure.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 17, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.