Is levofloxacin a good antibiotic for epididymitis? i was recently on it for 10 days and that reduced the pain but its not completely gone. now my doctor has but me on bactrim. i was recently told levofloxacin is only good at treating chest infection?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

It takes some time for epididymitis to resolve. Levofloxacin can be used to treat many infections not just chest ones. Pl be patient, use local heat and wear a support underwear and you will be fine. If you have any problems in the area it is best to see a Urologist. Hope you feel better.

Answered 4/14/2022

0 views

Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

It depends on the cause of the epididymitis. Under age 30, the large majority of cases are caused by gonorrhea or chlamydia, but other bacteria can be responsible -- and some cases have non-infectious causes. Probably tests were done to determine the cause and which antibiotics are most likely to be effective. Levofloxacin is often the right choice: you misunderstood something you read.

Answered 4/15/2022

0 views