OR

Please help me better understand, thyroid echo texture is diffusely heterogeneous, and mildly large measuring at 5.8x1.9x1.9cm for the right lobe and 5.5x1.6x2 cm for the left lobe. no discrete nodules were identified. no cervical lymph nodes?

Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
This is to be co-related to the reason why it was ordered. Does not sound alarming. But ask the ordering MD to explain it to you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Diffuse heterogeneous pattern of thyroid is associated with diffuse thyroid pathology. Hashimoto thyroiditis and Graves disease ( hyperthyroidism) are examples. Both are autoimmune disorders. In my opinion an endocrinologist can evaluate and advise you best.
Last updated Apr 8, 2022