Staten Island, NY

I had an ecg done during pre surgical testing to have a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. my results said: - otherwise normal ecg - sinus rhythm borderline short pr interval low voltage, precordial leads what does this mean? im 47 years old, female?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
The reason it was read OTHERWISE NORMAL EKG because of the "borderline short PR interval and low voltage" which are not rare findings with computer reading for 12 lead EKG. I read those findings all the times, almost every day when making rounds in the hospitals. A cardiologist or internist has to review the EKG but there is nothing to worry, you will be cleared for the surgery by my opinion.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Your PR interval was reported as only borderline shortened. Short PR intervals are at times associated with episodes of paroxsymal supraventricular tachycardia. Low voltage in the precordial leads but not in the limb leads is seen in thick chested people or in the presence of emphysema. Although your findings prevent a conclusion of Normal EKG, i also don't see anything for you to worry about
Last updated Mar 31, 2022