MO

I had lactate dehydrogenase blood test and the levels came back a little bit low under the normal range, abs i have symptoms in my muscles throughout my body, could this mean anything or be related?

Dr. Frank Amico Sr
Addiction Medicine 45 years experience
an LDH slightly below normal is not related to your diffuse muscle discomfort. I would look elsewhere for your muscle achy ness. I more appropriate test would be a CPK test
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your lab result is not a cause for concern. Your doctor needs to look for an alternative explanation for your symptoms. Wish you good health!
Last updated Feb 6, 2022