U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tyngsboro, MA
A 42-year-old male asked:

For the past few months i have been having stomach and bowel movement issues and i have to run to the bathroom and sometimes i go and sometimes it's alot of gas, if i pass gas sometimes i need to change my clothes. i have hemmrhoids because of this?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
Since this is a relatively new problem, you should see your doctor-you may need to see a GI doctor (gastroenterologist) for further examination and testing. This definitely warrants further investigation since treatment would depend on what is causing you to have these symptoms. Best of luck to you!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
I agree that a gastroenterologist is best to conduct the workup so that appropriate testing will be done in order to make an accurate diagnosis & render proper treatment advice. Entities such as lactose or gluten intolerance or irritable bowel syndrome are possibilities. A stool culture may be doneThink of any possible dietary triggers. Taking an antispasmodic like dicyclomine after meals may help
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.