5 years ago i had bad health anxiety, got an ecg, holter test and stress echo, all normal. today im 21 and health anxiety is back, what are the chances i developed a heart condition during the 5 years since all my heart tests? current ecg is normal?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Low. Health anxiety is often the subconscious reaction to hidden stressors. Working with a life coach to learn stress management can both improve daily life but may identify the triggers so they can be exposed and worked on. Do the work and you can beat the cycle.

Answered 1/16/2022

0 views

Dr. Clarence Grim answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Not zero but very close to it. Health anxiety can persist for a long time. Discuss with your Dr and consider going to TM.com and mastering TM to see if it help. My and others research suggests it is worth trying.

Answered 1/17/2022

0 views

It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated. Drink more water. Wish you good health!

Answered 1/23/2022

0 views