My doc hasnt responded to my ecg yet and it says cannot exclude old anterior mi. im 36 & a former smoker. ive been having chest pain & occasional pulsatile tinnitus. should i be worried?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

That's a very common EKG electronic reading. If you have risks for coronary heart disease, your doctor will refer you for a stress test. There is nothing to worry at this time. After smoking cessation for two years your risk for CAD is the same as a non-smoking person.

Answered 1/12/2022

0 views

Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran answered

Specializes in

ECG interpretation is not always reliable. "Old anterior MI" can be mimicked by incorect placement of electrodes on the chest wall. ECGs can be overread by inexperienced readers and need correltion with other findings. Your age and gender suggest that a heart attack is not highly likely but this needs evaluation of your risk factors and review of your ECG by an experienced physician. Good luck.

Answered 1/13/2022

0 views