FL

I did get a hematoma on my leg after the car accident on dec 2. but it hasn't gone away and is still swollen and red and warm to the touch. is this normal to take this long to heal?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
You should see a doctor. There are a multitude of possibilities for why this is not healing-for example, you could have a skin infection called cellulitis from something getting into the skin from the car accident. There could even be a foreign body from the accident causing inflammation. Please get this evaluated ASAP to determine what the problem is and get the correct treatment. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Matthew Baker
Orthopedic Surgery 14 years experience
If it is not getting better it may be cellulitis or a dvt. Both of those are treatable but can be dangerous. It would be a good idea to have your pcp evaluate you
Last updated Jan 1, 2022