U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 20-year-old female asked:

Hi, i have morton toe so my second and third toes are longer than my big toe. it makes wearing shoes, heels and sandals very uncomfortable and can be painful in certain shoes. im just wondering if theres anything to do to help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
There are some ortho companies which can make special shoes. Try them. You can also try to see if one size bigger shoe feels. If this works you will be OK otherwise you will need an ortho consult for best solution. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
When buying your shoes , stand and feel the end of the shoe. You should have the width of your thump room for your toes
Dec 21, 2021
Last updated Dec 21, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.