Why do i get heart palpitations and high blood pressure upon wakeing up and feel like im about to die ? sometimes it gets soo bad that my nails turn blue this especially happens when i have 1 cup of coffee the night before could this be panic attack?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
1. BP normally increases before you wake up and get up to get you ready to get up. 2. Blue nails: cold or what is your altitude. 3. Caffeine withdrawal depending no how much you drink the day before. 4. If you drink a bit of alcohol at night BP, will rise in some in AM as they withdraw. This has been noted in UK. BPs on Monday AM ar higher than the rest of week and related to how drank at pub.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Do not believe the cup of coffee is to blame for any of this. If you can have a doctor see you while you have the symptoms, it would be most helpful. If your symptoms occur often enough, a Holter monitor will be able to capture the episode. Without documentation, further evaluation would be fruitless. Testing your thyroid function may also be useful. I wish you luck.
Last updated Nov 22, 2021