FL

I been taking macrobid 100 mg twice a day for uti, it was prescribed for 5 days, today is my fourth day and i been feeling better but still some symptoms like burning, how many days does it normaly takes all symptoms to go away. thank you?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
This depends on how sensitive the bacteria causing the UTI is to the antibiotic. If you still have symptoms, it may be time to get a urine culture to identify the bacteria causing the infection as well as what antibiotics the bacteria is sensitive to. If a culture was already done, call your doctor and ask if your bacteria is sensitive to the macrobid. If it isn’t, another antibiotic may be needed
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 22, 2021