Greece
A 21-year-old male asked about a 17-year-old male:

Urology if my doctor don't have ultrasound how the epidydymitis diagnosed??? with urine test ???

The same way it was diagnosed in the years before ultrasound. Physical exam and urine tests/symptoms. If I put pressure on the area/it hurts/you have a discharge and puss in the urine you have epididymitis. The US is a nice way to confirm the diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
Epididymitis is acute and rarely chronic. In acute the epidid. becomes large swollen and painful and is diagnosed by exam and history. Recovery takes a few weeks with treatment. Chronic is frequently misdiagnosed for chronic/ recurrent pain in the area. Tests should be done mostly to confirm a suspected diagnosis. See a good urologist who will do any required tests and urine if needed.
Last updated Nov 12, 2021