New York, NY

After i received my covid vaccine, it left a small red bump on my arm that is still there (nearly 6 months later.) my arm is also swollen and hurts when touched. it isnt warm to the touch but it is painful. should i see a doctor?

Dr. Susan Madonna
Your covid vaccine should not still be causing pain 6 months after the injection. Yes you should see your doctor about it. Some imaging may be considered to rule out retained foreign body. I hope this problem can be resolved soon.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
It is very unusual for ANY vaccine to cause swelling and tenderness for that long- 6 months ! Suspecting infection. Best to get evaluated by your PCP to get proper treatment and care and correct diagnoses.

Last updated Oct 31, 2021