U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have sunken eyes but i look at my parents under eyes and they dont have sunken eyes just dark circles what can i do to fix my sunken eyes i dont feel like its hereditary any suggestions?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
The shape and the look of eyes may or may not be like our parents. If you think you have sunken eyes see your MD for without examination no Diagnosis can be made.
Dr. Daniel Rosberger
Retinal Surgery 32 years experience
A more complete history and examination are needed to address your problem. If it is true enophthalmous from birth, then it's a cosmetic concern. There is not much other than reconstructive surgery or the use of fat or other fillers that can address it. If it is changing and your eyes are retracting (being pulled back into the orbit), then you should see an ophthalmologist

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 14, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.